Making the everyday extraordinary
Fiskars Group’s purpose is to make the everyday extraordinary. With our family of lifestyle brands including Fiskars, Gerber, Iittala, Royal Copenhagen, Waterford, and Wedgwood, we want to create a positive, lasting impact on our quality of life. Our products are available in more than 100 countries and we employ around 7,900 people in over 30 countries. Please visit us at www.fiskarsgroup.com for more information.
Fiskars Group’s Global IT Infrastructure unit is looking for a
Service Manager, Data Center & Cloud Computing
The Service Manager, Data Center & Cloud Computing will manage the delivery of server capacity in our own data centers and in cloud capacity services agreed service levels. They manage processes, standards, vendors, and suppliers of our global computing services. This includes local site servers, central servers in Fiskars and hosted data centers, and all cloud computing capacities. Responsibilities also include IT security based around servers and cloud capacity.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and required documentation
- Develop, maintain, and track budgets for services in the assigned areas
- Serve as a process expert for area technologies, providing high-level information to the business, as well as internal IT staff
- Stay up to date on industry best-practices and new technologies as a way to creatively solve new business requirements or process improvements
In this role, you will work with your immediate team colleagues who are located in 3 countries. You will collaborate with the colleagues in Business Process and IT, the senior business leaders and the country managers. Your external counterparts are the Global IT support vendors and business partners.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Work with stakeholders to define and prioritize business and systems requests for new technology implementations and improvements
- Define scope, deliverables, budget, and resource needs that support business goals in collaboration with global and local teams and management.
- Have ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues as required, ensuring technical teams resolve issues in a timely manner
- Build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships within all areas of the organization and external vendors and resources
You preferably have a College Diploma or university level degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience. You would benefit of having:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT with focus on servers and/or cloud services
- ITIL certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server OS, Linux Server OS, Azure Cloud Services, and supporting server technologies (SAN, VMware, HyperV, Backup, etc.)
- Good knowledge of IT security practices, specifically around servers and cloud services
- Certification(s) related to server infrastructure or cloud services
- Ability to bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical resources, mastering the ability to speak to both at the appropriate level of detail to ensure full understanding
- Ability to document technical processes in easily digestible formats
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to be self-driven and execute in light of ambiguity
You enjoy working in an international organisation and communicating with colleagues at all levels of seniority in different teams and cultures. You are flexible and have an open-minded approach with a positive attitude with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. You would be comfortable managing multiple and diverse priorities in a global team. You are known for your analytical mindset and you like problem solving, have a strong sense of ownership and pride over one’s work.
At Fiskars Group, we create value through strong brands, innovative products and unique design. We offer you the opportunity to develop and grow in a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly professional team.
The job can be located in our HQ in Helsinki, Finland or Middleton, US. The job requires international travel. You will report to our US-based Fiskars Group, Director, Global IT Infrastructure.
For further information, please contact, Tim Butts firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application with salary expectations via the link below before March 24, 2019. We look forward to receiving your application.