Sourcing Engineer has both sourcing skills & technical problem-solving ability. He/She works independently in NPD process and industrialization of products, covering supplier selection, product costing, tooling & FA confirmation, and ramp up. He/She also contributes to ongoing products improvement during mass production. Sourcing Engineer takes a leading role in supplier management, good quality standards and has high integrity.
Main Tasks include below:
1. NPD management: independently control cost, timeline & Fiskars quality standard from receiving initial concept design to pilot run;
2. Supplier management: lead new suppliers selection and audit; coach existing suppliers to achieve Fis3. Production innovation: actively review and propose on new and existing products, achieving better quality, cost improvement, high manufacturing efficiency, etc.
3. Production innovation: actively review and propose on new and existing products, achieving better quality, cost improvement, high manufacturing efficiency, etc.
4.NPD management: review initial/concept design, evaluate applicable technology and select right supplier; solve technical problems from tooling stage (design/modificate/final approve), prototype produce and finalize till successful pilot run; negotiate cost with the supplier to ensure the best price; organize tests on tooling and sample performance; finalize product specification and documentation. As project leader, work closely with the internal customer and the supplier, and track supplier performance in the whole process till product delivered.
5.Supplier management: screen new suppliers, lead comprehensive audit and perform technical and capability on-site assessment; handle and track all kinds of suppliers agreements to be signed; drive cost improvement on timely basis with technology and commercial means; enrich supplier base and build healthy relationship with suppliers.
6.Actively communicate with internal customers to understand design trend and suggest technical solution.
- University degree in Ceramics, other technical field, experience in manufacturing, and quality control.
- 7 years relevant experience
- Understand product attributes and match the needs with manufacturing processes and qualified manufacturers. Capable to make control plan with critical control points. Capable to do in-line inspections.
- Strong overall sourcing competency, including sourcing strategy, supplier & cost management;
- Ability to create techincial solutions for new product concepts, to do product testing and validation, and to do root cause analysis and drive improvements.