Fiskars Group’s purpose is to make the everyday extraordinary. With our family of lifestyle brands including Fiskars, Gerber, Iittala, Royal Copenhagen, Waterford, and Wedgwood, we want to create a positive, lasting impact on our quality of life. Our products are available in more than 100 countries and we employ around 7,600 people in over 30 countries.
Fiskars SBU Living is looking for a
Senior Manager, Global Packaging Development
to join our team either in Helsinki or Barlaston.
Summary of the job:
SBU Living Global Packaging team is responsible for leading packaging related activities within the NPD process. This team is led by a Senior Manager, Packaging Development contributing to the Living packaging strategy and operationally responsible for the packaging realization and harmonization. The person will manage and lead a team of packaging area specialists and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally. The person is responsible for leading the packaging construction and development in NPD projects covering all materials and technologies. S/he will ensure continuous identification of new packaging design technologies, new packaging materials, including sustainability and related targets, taking into account compliance with internal guidelines and official standards. Key tasks also include; providing operational input into the packaging design, supporting cost improvement projects, supplier transfers as well as collection of packaging related master data. The person will act as a key contact to Fiskars Global Sourcing (i.e. packaging sourcing category) and has close collaboration with the factories as well as SBU Living functions in line with Fiskars values.
- Developing SBU Living packaging roadmap taking into account packaging sustainability roadmap
- Construction of Fiskars Living packaging in line with brand guidelines & activating opportunities for packaging harmonization and efficiencies
- Ensuring and developing harmonized ways of working, common packaging design processes and tools across businesses in SBU Living
- Project management according to tight timelines and budgets
- Following the NPD process and ensuring packaging design process alignment and discipline
- Managing the packaging design and development project portfolio
- Ensuring design for Logistics
- Identifying synergies across the brands
- Acting as an active collaborator across Fiskars units
- Team management and development
Expectation for the role:
- University Degree, Master of Science in Engineering or other similar field
- Minimum 7-10 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in working in a global company & matrix organization
- Experience in leading teams in a complex, global environment across businesses
- Role modeling and living Fiskars values and culture everyday
- Proven track record of successful process and project leadership and project management skills
- Experience with technical packaging and packaging construction, materials, technologies
- Experience in working with international brands
- Design understanding
- Excellent collaboration and team working skills, pro active approach
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Fluency in English language, both oral and written
This is a full time, permanent position, located in Barlaston, United Kingdom or in Helsinki, Finland. The position reports to Director, NPD Process, SBU Living.
Further information about this position will be given by Riitta Turto, email@example.com, or by phone +358 40 5036733.
Please apply via link below no later than April 28th.