Making the everyday extraordinary
Fiskars Group’s purpose is to make the everyday extraordinary. With our family of lifestyle brands including Fiskars, Gerber, Iittala, Royal Copenhagen, Waterford, and Wedgwood, we want to create a positive, lasting impact on our quality of life. Our products are available in more than 100 countries and we employ around 7,900 people in over 30 countries. Please visit us at www.fiskarsgroup.com for more information.
The Fiskars Scandinavian Living Business Unit is looking for a
Product Design Manager
To work in the Scandinavian Living Business Unit design team, focusing on Iittala, Arabia and Rörstrand brands focusing on product design management.
Summary of the Job
The Product Design Manager role focuses on product design development for Iittala, Arabia, and Rörstrand brands. Key tasks include areas such as exploring new material design research from a sustainability point of view, creating innovative new product collections that help enhance each of the brands, and develop existing product lines in conjunction with the changes in the portfolio. A key aspect will be working with the brand business teams and new product development teams to ensure product development is done according to business priorities and manufacturability requirements. The job reports to the Creative Director in the Scandinavian Living Business Unit and the job is based in Helsinki.
Major Activities and Responsibilities
Helping create and develop new product designs for Iittala, Arabia and Rörstrand in collaboration with the business team and new product development teams. This includes helping manage external agencies and designers, and conducting design research and concept development. A key aspect of success will be to develop product collections and the portfolio with consumer insight testing. The role requires a high degree of cross-function work between business and new product development sourcing teams. An additional aspect will be to link product development work through to retail and marketing activities to ensure there’s one complete design story for the consumer in all communication channels.
- Master's Degree in product or industrial design
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working with design brands
Cross-functional design skills.
- Firm understanding of product design development and design management within the design industry. Excellence in product design and design management skills. Exceptional conceptual and innovation qualities.
- Project management skills, ability to understand and work with key business and production requirements.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills. Fluent in English. Ability to be productive and influence within a corporate matrix working structure.
- High appreciation for the Fiskars company values; with a passion for innovation, a commitment to working with integrity, a consistent desire for accountability, and a respect for collaborative teamwork.
Please apply at the latest on the 28th of February 2019 through our recruitment system by clicking on the link below. Please include a cover letter and CV in Word or pdf format in your application.
For more information about the role, please contact Creative Director, Jeremiah Tesolin by phone +358 50 569 6633 on February 20th between 13-15 or 25th between 10-12 Finnish time