Fiskars Shanghai Sourcing Office is now looking for
Based in Shanghai, China and reporting to Sourcing Manager.
Starting date as soon as possible.
Summary of The Job
Sourcing Engineer has both sourcing skills & technical problem-solving ability. She/he works independently in NPD process and industrialization of products, covering supplier & cost management and tooling & FA confirmation. She/he also contributes to ongoing products improvement. Sourcing Engineer takes a leading role in supplier management, good quality standards and has high integrity.
- Fully responsibility on NPD projects, including supplier screen, cost management, technical documentation, samples, testing, drawings etc.;
- Monitoring Suppliers' performance ref. Targets and goals. Ensuring corrective action planning and implementation;
- Securing cost competitiveness by cost break down analysis and efficient negotition process with Suppliers;
- Securing Suppliers capacity in long horizon (1-3 years) and supporting Procurement in short term supply constrains;
- Supporting virtual sourcing category team and contributing in material area specific matrix team in Sourcing office. Coaching Sourcing Specialists in completing high quality NPD projects.
Education Degree: Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering, other technical field, experience in manufacturing, and quality control;
Experience in years: 7 years relevant experience;
*Strong overall sourcing competency, including sourcing strategy, supplier & cost management;
*Understand product attributes and match the needs with manufacturing processes and qualified manufacturers. Capable to make control plan with critical control points. Capable to do in-line inspections.
*Understands manufacturing processes and supplier capabilities. Able to advise and drive change and develop suppliers.
*Ability to create mechanical solutions for new product concepts, to do product testing and validation, and to do root cause analysis and drive improvements.
*Persuading & influencing skills, strong negotiator
Language: fluent in English and local language
- Transparent, Discipline and high integrity
- Diligence and work under pressure
- Driven and self-motivated
- Persuading and influencing
- Thrive in a dynamic and challenging enviroment
An exciting job in an international company that contains some of Scandinavian finest brands and design icons.
Excellent team of colleagues and opportunity to be part of building the Asia Pacific business region
Dynamic and challenging tasks
The opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a international environment
A competitive salary package
Applications: Please leave your application via our online recruitment tool (link below) no later than 29 July 2015.